I Have this Garden of Poems








full of flowers that bloom
at first
and then carried away with my greenthumb
i planted everything
trees and more trees and shrubs and bamboos
and vines and hanging plants

almost everything
and so the blooming flowers died
and the grasses diminishing like some
hair of this baldness

but nothing is lost in this garden of poems
the birds came and built their nests
some are still coming
every morning
and then the chirping begins





Google
The Best Poems and Poetry

A petty Argument

Honey, just once, would you keep your mouth shut?
Why? Your mouth is the source of all our problems
That’s why. Oh, now you’re calling me a nut!
When you’re not calling me names you condemn
Everything I do or say. What’s with you?
Oh! Here come the tears! Turn them off my dear.
They always seem to appear when the two
Of us reach an impasse, crocodile tears!
Look hon, this is a silly argument
Over what I said at the beginning
I had no idea it would augment
Into this sideshow that’s never-ending
I guess I said some awful things untrue
I had no right to say those things to you.

Albert Ahearn


No comments:

Lencana Facebook